Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs



Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorite Indian dishes.  I wanted my take to be much easier to put together.  It is a lot of ingredients but still super easy to make!  The key to getting that Tikka Masala taste is in the spices.  Here I wanted to make it as healthful as possible without sacrificing any flavor.  Tikka Masala sauce typically has cream but I opted to use light coconut milk which really has the same affect without changing the flavor.  I think this is definitely going to be a staple in my house and I know that if you try it, you will LOVE it!

Chicken Meatballs

  • 1 Pound Ground Chicken
  • ¼ Cup Ricotta Cheese
  • ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
  • 2 Scallions, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
  • 1 Garlic Clove, grated
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
  • 1 teaspoon Cumin
  • ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

Tikka Masala Sauce

  • 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • ½ Large Onion, diced
  • 1 Jalapeño Pepper, diced
  • 1 Garlic Clove, minced
  • 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
  • 1 teaspoon Paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Cup Tomato Puree
  • 1-15 ounce Can Light Coconut Milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

First: combine all ingredients for chicken meatballs thoroughly and form into 16 balls; Place on an oiled cookie sheet or in oiled casserole and bake for 15 minutes.

Second: heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat and sauté onions, jalapeño, garlic, spices and salt for about 1 minute – until onions are softened.

Third: add the tomato and coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes. 
 
Finally: add the chicken meatballs to the sauce and combine; serve on rice, with veggies, or Naan bread.  Enjoy!

This is so easy!  It’s basically just a lot of dumping things into a bowl and pan.  I was pleased with how little clean up I had after doing this meal…well until I decided to makes some Naan bread!  Keep your eyes open for that recipe coming VERY soon…you will be HOOKED!    

No comments:

Post a Comment