Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Decadent Rice and Eggs



I love rice with and egg as a go to meal because it is quick and is an amazing combination.  I’ve had this many different ways and at many different times of day/night.  This one is just something I threw together to use some leftover items in my fridge.  I always have some rice in the fridge as well as eggs, of course.  It is kind of a two-for-one recipe too as I include my recipe for a quick guacamole! Try this for breakfast, brunch, dinner…whenever you want it’s a perfect quick meal!

  • 2 Cups Cooked Rice (any kind you want)
  • 4 Large Eggs, poached or fried to your liking
  • 2 Slices of Provolone Cheese
  • ¼ Cup Salsa (use whatever you like, but I prefer chipotle salsa here)

Quick Guacamole:
  • 2 Large Avocados
  • 1 Lime
  • 1 JalapeƱo, chopped
  • 1 Medium Tomato, seeded and diced
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt

First, to make the guacamole, scoop out from skin and mash it in a bowl.  Add the juice of ½ to 1 lime (to your liking), jalapeno, tomato, and salt…that’s it!  I usually leave the tomatoes out of my guacamole but I like them in this dish

Second, cook the eggs however you like.  Top each egg with a ½ slice of provolone just before it is finished cooking.  I cook mine in a little olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat for about 2 minutes and then flip it for just a minute.  

Finally, serve rice on a plate, top with a quarter of the guacamole, add the egg, and spoon a little salsa over the top.  I like to mold my rice in a small ramekin because I like how it looks! 

Many people haven’t thought about having an egg on some rice before but trust me it is great!  Once I was introduced to it I was hooked.  I tried it with many different types of rice and it has been just great every time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment