Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Breakfast Parfait



I love to eat and indulge just as anyone does.  I do like to feel good about what I eat most of the time.  These parfaits are very simple but incredibly delicious!  I prefer Greek yogurt because it is thick and creamy without any of the guilt! The parfaits are good and satisfying on their own as a complete, balanced breakfast.  I like mine with a cup of coffee, of course!

  • 2 Cups plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
  • ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1 – 2 Tablespoons pure Honey
  • 1 Pint Strawberries, quartered
  • 1 Cup homemade or store bought plain Granola
  • ½ Cup dried cranberries

First, put the Greek yogurt in a bowl, add orange zest, cinnamon, and honey to taste.  Whisk together until combined, set aside.

Second, mix the granola (I like to make my own) with dried cranberries.

Finally, use four small drinking glasses to layer ingredients.  Layer yogurt, then the granola mixture, then strawberries in the glasses; alternate until glasses are full.  Enjoy!

This is so good, I can’t even tell you!  This makes me feel like I’m eating dessert for breakfast but is surprisingly satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment