Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Moist Pumpkin Muffins



I love when fall arrives and pumpkin is back!  Here is a pumpkin muffin recipe that I developed to add some nutritional value and make the whole process simpler.  Nothing irritates me more than having a ton of dishes to deal with when I’m done baking so I made this to just go into one bowl!  My tool of choice is my whisk…which I LOVE.  These muffins are moist and full of great nutrition.  It’s all about the choices we make in our ingredients, right?!  If you like you can get whole wheat or whole grain pastry flour and us just that and it will have equally great results.

  • 1 Can Pumpkin (15 ounces)
  • 4 Eggs
  • ½ Cup Coconut Oil
  • ½ Cup Almond Milk
  • 2 Cups Pure Cane Sugar (unprocessed)
  • 1 Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Ginger
  • ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
  • 3 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda

Heat oven to 350 degrees

First: put pumpkin, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl and whisk it like crazy until well combined.

Second: sift the flours and baking soda right into the bowl and whisk until JUST combined…do not over mix.

Finally: fill standard muffin cups to top edge and bake until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 33 – 35 minutes.  NOTE: this makes about 18 muffins

This could not be easier.  If you don’t have or don’t want to get maple syrup then just use sugar (you could also use honey).  I think the maple syrup mellows out the sweetness a little and gives it a little different dimension.  I suggest you make these ASAP and freeze some.  I couldn’t possible go through all of these at once so I just freeze half and save them for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment