Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Baked Banana Oatmeal



Oatmeal can be really easy but very boring.  Try mixing it up a little.  I do this when I have a little time and get into my baking mode.  I feel like I should do more than just one thing if I am going to turn my oven on so what the heck right?!  This oatmeal is really good for you and can be made and eaten right away or ahead of time for a quick breakfast.  I usually have one right away and save the rest for later. 

  • 4 Bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ Cups Vanilla Soy Milk
  • ½ Cup Honey or 100% PURE Maple Syrup
  • 1 ½ Cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • ¼ - ½ teaspoon of Nutmeg (I freshly grate mine)
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Toppings (as shown):
1 large or 2 medium apples, diced
2 Tablespoons unsweetened Coconut
¼ - ½ Cup Natural Almonds
Honey or Maple Syrup for drizzling

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

First, mash the bananas and mix in eggs, soy milk, and honey until blended. 

Second, add oats, cinnamon, and baking powder to wet mixture and combine thoroughly.  Divide among 4 small oven-proof bowls.  I used my small cereal bowls. 

Finally, bake for about 30 – 40 minutes until just set…center will be softer and kind of creamy in consistency!  Delicious!

This is super easy, versatile, and inexpensive to make.  You can make smaller portions if you like…just cook it a little less.  I like to change up the toppings and making it a little different every time.  Use your imagination and you can’t go wrong.  If you make it ahead for breakfast throughout the week just make a double batch and throw some plastic wrap over the bowl once it is cooled and keep it in the fridge.  Just heat it up for 1 ½ - 2 minutes in the microwave and there you have it!  I like to put my toppings on before I reheat it so everything is nice and warm.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment