Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pan Roasted Potatoes



Who doesn’t like potatoes?  I love this recipe because it works in a pinch and when I don’t feel like turning the oven on.  I like to use the small mixed potatoes that have the purple, yellow, and white potatoes.  Of course you could use any potatoes you like.  The waxy potatoes tend to work better than baking potatoes as they do not fall apart.  The onions in this dish caramelize and the flavor of garlic permeates everything…it’s so good!

  • 1 Pound Potatoes, cut small (the smaller the cut, the quicker they cook)
  • 1 Small or ½ of a Large Onion, chopped (bite-sized, not too small)
  • 2 Large Garlic cloves, sliced
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
  • Salt to taste

First, heat the oil over high heat and cook the garlic slices until lightly browned; remove garlic from oil and set aside.

Second, add the potatoes, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, and onion to the pan and cook (stirring frequently) for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.  Season with salt to taste (I find that I use less salt if I wait until the end). 

Finally, add the garlic back to the potatoes and stir to combine.  Enjoy!

What a great side dish!  I love these potatoes with anything, but especially with steak!  I like a little spicy kick so I use a lot of cayenne pepper.  If you like yours a little less spicy feel free to cut back a bit on the pepper.  We’ve all had steamed or boiled potatoes but let’s face it…they don’t usually have a ton of flavor and I always added butter to them.  Keep it light with a lot of flavor!  Try these potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment