Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Pepperoni Chips



Okay...pepperoni chips?  I love pepperoni a lot…what I don’t love about it is all of the fat that goes along with it…plus it tends to come on a cheesy fatty pizza…lol.  I’m certainly not a health food nut by any means but I will take the help where I can get it.  This recipe is not a genius revelation by any means but it is certainly handy to have.  You can eat these as part of a cheese platter with some wine (as I did this time), crumble on a salad, crumble on some pasta dish you want to give a different twist to, or even put it into a grilled cheese sandwich.  The possibilities are endless…and when you see how easy it is you will do it OFTEN.

  • Thinly sliced Pepperoni
  • Waxed Paper
  • Sheet Pan (cookie sheet)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

All you have to do is lay the wax paper down on the pan to prevent a tragic sticking incident, lay the pepperoni down on a single layer, and pop it in the oven!

Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from oven and immediately put on some paper towels.  You will see a lot of fat in the pan and then some in the paper towels when all is said and done…better there than in you!

After they are cooled they will be crispy and full of pepperoni flavor!



I think of this as really more of a method than a “recipe”.  I have seen it used for salami, sliced prosciutto, and even pancetta.  You can do whatever you want with it.  I have used it as I stated above, in mac n’ cheese, sandwiches, etc.  Give it a shot next time you have the oven on…it is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment